I'm kicking off the new year with a contest! Yes!
I have 10 books up for grabs to the first 10 people who can get 10 other people to follow my blog!
Rules rules rules:
1) Only get people to follow me who are really interested in reading book reviews--I mostly review YA and literary fiction (with a smattering of cookbooks and knitting), so if they're looking for the latest history & politics books, they'll be bored bored bored down here.
2) The contest is open to all followers but
(Also have had crappy luck mailing to some countries.)
So first, follow my blog!
3) Each of your 10 people has to do two things:
- S/he must hit the Follow button on the right sidebar and sign in with Google Friend Connect
- S/he must email me at frootjoos at gmail and say that [your name here] invited me! They need to tell me your name and email (so just in case we get more than 1 person with the same name, I won't mix up your entries). - or - they can tweet me (@frootjoos ) - or - they can comment below. (They could try smoke signals, too, but I can't guarantee you I'll see/understand them, so better just email/tweet/or comment.)
4) As soon as you become a follower, you can play too! Where's your 10 people? Hmm? ^_^
As soon as I get 10 emails with your name and email on it, I'll email you and announce you are a WINNAH! (Ahem. I mean, "winner".)
So, what will you win? Each winner will get one of these 10 books:
Hardcover Hardcover Hardcover
The first winner gets to pick first and so on. So play fast!
Here's the shortlink, because I love 'em > http://bit.ly/rnsl2010contest
The contest ends as soon as 10 people have won, or 10 am on 1/10/2010--whichever comes first.
Having your own contest? Head over to Bookworming in the 21st Century for Link-a-Contest Thursday!
EDIT: Sunday, January 3, 2010 - 3:00 p.m. then at 11:00 p.m.
I'm happy to announce our first winner, Jessica Secret from Shut Up! I'm Reading!
Thanks to Maria G, Corinna M, Kate P, Aye.Me?, Kate, Melissa, Mizz Yasmin, Corrine L, Arya, and Shari for following me and helping Jessica win a book!
Our second winner, and the only International winner, is Aye.Me? from Reversing the Monotony!
Thanks to weabsorbwordsbb, Kari, Natalie M, Lily, Donna, Tabitha, ZM, Ellen P, CGM, and Cam for following me and helping Aye.Me? win a book!
Drumroll, please... edited Monday, January 4, 2010 at 5:00 pm
Kristen of Bookworming in the 21st Century wins
Yay! Thanks to Sarah G, Jessica Secret, The Book Vixen, Kirthi, Katy F, Skyla, Tracey N, Willow Raven, findjessyhere, and omgitswendy for following me and helping Kristen win a book!