July is my birth month!
That is, if you're lucky enough. My birthday is 7/11. That's pretty lucky.
My next giveaway will be the book Scaredy Squirrel at the Beach*. If we hit 711 entries by the end of the contest, I'll throw in this guy:
|12" plush Scaredy Squirrel Puppet from MerryMakers|
He's too cute!
*Sorry, some previous tweets said "signed copy" but it's not--I copy-pasted from another rafflecopter widget and missed erasing the word "signed".
But it's still a great little book. :)
If you're not familiar with Scaredy Squirrel, he's an extremely fearful forest creature from a series of picture books by Mélanie Watt (Kids Can Press). Her adorable illustrations will make you laugh even harder as Scaredy tries to enjoy life despite danger (and germs!) lurking everywhere. I can really relate to him since I'm a total home-body, though I think I'm a lot braver.
There isn't an Independence Day story for Scaredy (I have a sneaking suspicion he's Canadian... though it doesn't say on his passport) but there is a beach vacation story, and that's what you can win today.
Kids can get into the spirit of the book, even if you're nowhere near the ocean, by drawing beachy scenery for a staycation or making up a passport. (My cousins and I spent one summer taking turns being the customs officer as we "flew" from room to room... each corner of each room was a different part of the world. I really liked stamping the "passports" and visiting "Japan" ;) I think it would also be fun to make a beach terrarrium and decorate it with (unoccupied) seashells and make icy cold drinks to sip during the hot summer. Just don't forget to put on sunblock, even if you're only lying in patches of sun indoors (we used to do that too).
- No purchase necessary. None of the entries are mandatory, but you have to do at least one to enter.
- Open to people with mailing addresses in the United States and Canada.
- One set of entries per household please.
- If you are under 13, please get a parent or guardian's permission to enter, as you will be sharing personal info such as an email address.
- Winner will be chosen randomly via Rafflecopter widget after the end of the day on July 31, 2012.
- Winner(s) will be contacted by email within 24 hours after the giveaway ends. If you have any additional questions - feel free to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Don't be scared--enter today!