- She was bullied as a child but the library was her safe place, her bully kryptonite.
- When she was 13 (I think it was 13) she read Carrie by Stephen King and decided that she wanted to be a writer.
- When she started the Vlad Tod series she wanted to write about what she knew. What she knew was what is was like being an unpopular teenager. She had also been a fan of vampires for a very long time and knew them very well. Hence, Vlad was born.
- She calls her first draft her "crap draft."
- When asked good books she's read lately, Heather mentioned Ask The Passengers by A.S. King, which she was re-reading. (My friends and I promptly turned the store upside down after the signing trying to track down copies of the book. We finally found the last 3 copies and bought them all)
readnowsleeplater.com will remain where it is for now, but we will be switching over to the new readnowsleeplater.org On Tuesday, August 19. Please check out this blog post for more info on how to update your links! If you subscribe via email through Feedburner, there is no need to update--you'll already get new posts via email.